Re: HISTORY updated, 7.3 branded - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: HISTORY updated, 7.3 branded
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Shridhar Daithankar dijo:
>
> > On 4 Sep 2002 at 3:24, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > OK, the HISTORY file is updated, and 7.3 is branded and ready for beta1.
> >
> > Some minor stuff,
>
> In the schema changes description:
>
> "Schemas allow users to create objects in their own namespace
> so two people can have the same table with the same name."
>
> Shouldn't it read "so two people can have tables with the same name" ?
> My point is that the tables are not the same, they just have the same
> name.

Good point.  Updated:
          Schemas allow users to create objects in their own namespace          so two people can have tables with the
samename.  There is           also a public schema for shared tables.  Table/index creation          can be restricted
byremoving permissions on the public schema.

Pennsylvania19073