pgsql-server/doc TODO - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS)
Subject pgsql-server/doc TODO
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    momjian@postgresql.org    02/09/02 11:30:50

Modified files:
    doc            : TODO

Log message:
    Updates from Tom:

    < * Allow logging of query durations
    > * -Allow logging of query durations
    51,52d50
    < * Make single-user local access permissions the default by limiting
    <   permissions on the socket file (Peter E)
    72,73c70,71
    < * Reserve last few process slots for super-user if max_connections reached
    < * Add GUC parameter to print queries that generate errors
    > * -Reserve last few process slots for super-user if max_connections reached
    > * -Add GUC parameter to print queries that generate errors
    82,83c80,81
    < * Declare typein/out functions in pg_proc with a special "C string" data type
    < * Functions returning sets do not totally work
    > * -Declare typein/out functions in pg_proc with a special "C string" data type
    > * -Functions returning sets do not totally work
    90c88
    < * Allow bytea to handle LIKE with non-TEXT patterns
    > * -Allow bytea to handle LIKE with non-TEXT patterns
    94c92
    <     o Store binary-compatible type information in the system
    >     o -Store binary-compatible type information in the system
    97d94
    <     o -SELECT col FROM tab WHERE numeric_col = 10.1 fails, requires quotes
    102c99
    <     o Ensure we have array-eq operators for every built-in array type
    >     o -Ensure we have array-eq operators for every built-in array type
    119d115
    < * Allow setting database character set without multibyte enabled
    152d147
    < * Have UPDATE/DELETE clean out indexes
    198,199d192
    <     o ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN to inherited table put column in wrong place
    <       [inheritance]
    201d193
    <     o Add ALTER FUNCTION
    203,204c195,196
    <     o -ALTER TABLE ADD PRIMARY KEY (Tom)
    <     o -ALTER TABLE ADD UNIQUE (Tom)
    >     o -ALTER TABLE ADD PRIMARY KEY (Christopher)
    >     o -ALTER TABLE ADD UNIQUE (Christopher)
    248c240
    <     o -Remove SET KSQO option now that OR processing is improved (Tom)
    >     o -Remove SET KSQO option now that OR processing is improved (Bruce)
    280c272
    < * Have pg_dump use LEFT OUTER JOIN in multi-table SELECTs
    > * -Have pg_dump use LEFT OUTER JOIN in multi-table SELECTs
    287d278
    < * Add config file check for $ODBCINI, $HOME/.odbc.ini, installpath/etc/odbc.ini
    318,322d308
    < * ODBC
    <     o ODBC 3.0 support
    <     o Unicode(UCS-2) support
    <     o Updatable cursors support
    <
    337c323
    < * Fix foreign key constraints to not error on intermediate db states (Stephan)
    > * -Fix foreign key constraints to not error on intermediate db states (Stephan)
    352c338
    < * Propagate column or table renaming to foreign key constraints
    > * -Propagate column or table renaming to foreign key constraints
    447c433
    < * Remove wal_files postgresql.conf option because WAL files are now recycled
    > * -Remove wal_files postgresql.conf option because WAL files are now recycled
    460c446
    < * Improve dynamic memory allocation by introducing tuple-context memory
    > * -Improve dynamic memory allocation by introducing tuple-context memory
    463c449
    < * Nested FULL OUTER JOINs don't work (Tom)