pgsql-server/src backend/optimizer/path/indxpa ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS)
Subject pgsql-server/src backend/optimizer/path/indxpa ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    momjian@postgresql.org    02/09/02 02:22:20

Modified files:
    src/backend/optimizer/path: indxpath.c
    src/backend/utils/adt: like.c selfuncs.c
    src/include/catalog: pg_operator.h pg_proc.h
    src/include/utils: selfuncs.h

Log message:
    > Okay.  When you get back to the original issue, the gold is hidden in
    > src/backend/optimizer/path/indxpath.c; see the "special indexable
    > operators" stuff near the bottom of that file.  (It's a bit of a crock
    > that this code is hardwired there, and not somehow accessed through a
    > system catalog, but it's what we've got at the moment.)

    The attached patch re-enables a bytea right hand argument (as compared
    to a text right hand argument), and enables index usage, for bytea LIKE

    Joe Conway