Re: jdbc & tomcat - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Toby Doig
Subject Re: jdbc & tomcat
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
this sounds like a caching thing where the postgres, or the jdbc
connection, has cached the name of the table under an OID. so when you
drop the table and recreate it its using the old OID, not the new one
hence the odd-sounding error. i had the same problem when i was dropping
functions and recreating them with the same name (CREATE OR REPLACE
FUNCTION fixes this).

i don't know how to tell postgres the recalculate/reread the cache stuff.

why not just schedule a vacuum to run once a day/week ? easy enough to do
and it would solve your issue.

toby