Re: Proposed GUC Variable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Proposed GUC Variable
Date
List pgsql-hackers
This is an intersting mix of features.  First, use LOG so it goes only
to the log file by default _but_ can be turned on to be seen by the
client, and remove the GUC completely.

This does make 100% sense because an ERROR is going to go the client and
the server logs by default, and LOG is going to go to the server logs by
default _but_ can optionally be seen by the client by modifying
min_client_messagses.