From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: @(#) Mordred Labs advisory 0x0001: Buffer overflow in
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Justin Clift wrote:
> Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> > > Not me.  Tom (pref) or Marc would be the proper respondent.
> >
> > Has it actually been fixed?
>
> The TODO list only mentions the cash_out(2) problem, whilst the email
> archives mention them both.
>
> >From the info still around, this looks to mean that the cash_words()
> problem was fixed, but the cash_out() problem was harder to fix.
>
> Tom/Bruce, is that correct?

Looks like cash_words is fixed in current CVS, so I guess in 7.2.1:Welcome to psql 7.3devel, the PostgreSQL interactive
terminal.Type: \copyright for distribution terms       \h for help with SQL commands       \? for help on internal
slashcommands       \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query       \q to quittest=> select
cash_words('-700000000000000000000000000000');                                                    cash_words

Minustwenty one million four hundred seventy four thousand eighthundred thirty six dollars and forty eight cents(1
row)

Looks like cash_out still bombs:

test=> select cash_out(2);server closed the connection unexpectedly        This probably means the server terminated
abnormally       before or while processing the request.The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset:
Failed.

Pennsylvania19073