Open 7.3 items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Open 7.3 items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
As you can see, the open items list is greatly shrunk.  We have two
weeks to go and most of these seems do-able, except for point-in-time
recovery, which may not make it.  I haven't heard anything recently on
it.

Would someone put together a porting document for schema changes and
drop column changes?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------                             P O S T G R E S
QL

                         7 . 3  O P E N    I T E M S

Current at ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/open_items.

Source Code Changes
-------------------
Point-in-time recovery - status? (J.R., Richard)
Schema handling - ready? interfaces? client apps?
Drop column handling - ready for all clients, apps?
ecpg and bison issues - solved?  (Michael)
have pg_dumpall dump out db privilege and per-user/db settings
fix implicit type coercions that are worse
Prepared statements - to be reviewed  (Tom)
improve macros in new tuple header code  (Tom)
integrate or move to gborg libpqxx, Pg:DBD
Allow PL/PgSQL functions to return sets  (Neil)
Allow easy display of usernames in a group (pg_hba.conf uses groups now)
fix BeOS and QNX4 ports

Documentation Changes
Mention foreign keys and SERIAL dependencies will not be in 7.2 loaded tables
Document need to add permissions to loaded functions and languages

Pennsylvania19073