Re: CVS Messages - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Richard Poole
Subject Re: CVS Messages
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 05:44:50PM -0400, Rod Taylor wrote:
> Is it possible for the cvs emails to include a URL to the appropriate
> entries in cvs web?
>
> The below is current:
>
> Modified files:
>         src/backend/utils/adt: ruleutils.c

If you're using a Web browser with support for smart bookmarks, nicknames,
and javascript: URLs, then you can define a bookmark as something like:

javascript:re=/(:.)/;window.location="http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/"+"%s".replace(re, "/")

and then cut-and-paste the line from the email into your location field
using a nickname:

pgcvs src/backend/utils/adt: ruleutils.c

and have it bring up the cvsweb page. Works with galeon; I guess other
recent browsers (Konqueror, Moz, IE?) can do something very similar if
not quite identical.

Richard