Re: Seq scan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: Seq scan
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 stas-pgsql@xstas.net wrote:

> I am having a similar problem except that the solution below did not
> help.  I have a table with about 15 million records.
>
>     "SELECT my_field FROM my_table WHERE id=12168996"      takes
> about half a minute ( 'id' is an sequential indexed field in my_table )
>
> EXPLAIN says it is doing a Seq Scan

Have you vacuum analyzed the table?

Can we see the table's structure and the explain output and number of
row in the table?  Specifically, it's interesting to see what the row
estimate isrelative to the number of rows really returned and the number
of rows in the table.