Update ResultSet for JDBC - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Zengfa Gao
Subject Update ResultSet for JDBC
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi, all:

From JDBC website, I got

Latest Java/JDBC news
Jun 23   Updated dev drivers that include callable
statement support and updatable result set support

Then I downloaded 7.3Dev version of JDBC driver and
try to use updatable result set.

When I run

ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery(selectStat);

rs.moveToInsertRow();

I got:

          ERROR:   Got exception: Result Set not
updateable. The query that gene
rated this result set must select only one table, and
must select all primary ke
ys from that table. See the JDBC 2.1 API
Specification, section 5.6 for more det
ails.

But I only select from one table, and I select all
columns from that table include primary key. Does
anyone know why it failed at here?

I used PostgreSQL 7.0.3 on Redhat system.

Thanks,

Zengfa