Bug #739: Large objects documentation - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject Bug #739: Large objects documentation
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Peter A. Lebedev (plebedev@vniief.ru) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
Large objects documentation

Long Description
It seems to be the omission in Programmers Guide about large objects.
I've lost a lot of time trying to understand why large object is created successfully but lo_open returned with error
"cann'tlo_lseek on invalid descriptor 0". I've investigated source code in libpq interface and was very confused when
readcomment that valid descriptor have value equals or greater then 0...

In Programmers Guide I've read all about these functions, but there was nothing about to use BEGIN WORK and COMMIT
whileworking with such functions...

It seems good to me if libpq will report on necessity of such "brackets" for lo_* function or/and special highlight on
thistopic in documentations.

--
Pete.

Sample Code