Re: PQputline in BINARY mode? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From pacquet@newsguy.com
Subject Re: PQputline in BINARY mode?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Thanks.  Now I realize what should have been obvious:  the command "COPY
BINARY" is being executed by the backend, while PQputline() is a frontend
routine. Duh.

However, this is an embedded system, so some modest amount of backend-hacking
is quite acceptable if the payoff is large enough. Do you have any pointers on
implementing a variant of COPY BINARY <> FROM file that works out of memory
instead of a file?

At Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:53:44 -0400, you wrote