Re: Function error - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Janning Vygen
Subject Re: Function error
Date
List pgsql-sql
Am Dienstag, 13. August 2002 08:06 schrieb Sugandha Shah:
> Hi ,
>
> I'm porting MS- SQL stored procedure to postgres . I'm getting this
> error :
>
> Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function
> sel_free_disk_space line 7 at SQL statement
> SELECT query has no destination for result data.
> If you want to discard the results, use PERFORM instead.

you need to SELECT INTO if you want to set a varaible in plpgsql

try this:
DECLARE var_free integer;  -- var_free is used just to name it differently from the column name
BEGIN SELECT INTO var_free        free from logical_drive where computer_id = $1  and
letter = upper($2);  IF var_free THEN

Janning

--
Planwerk 6 /websolutions