Re: Problems with migration - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Problems with migration
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 04:50:35PM +0200, Tobias Schmalfuss wrote:

> now i try to fill this tables with java from oracle tables. i think 70000
> collums are in the table customer.
>
> the problem is that at the beginning it is so fast by the insterts in the
> tables.
> but after a wile it is slower and slower. somtime he need some minutes for
> one record.
> when i delete the foreign keys it is verry fast. but i need the keys for
> consistent datas.

Which version of Postgres?  This was _supposed_ to be fixed in 7.1,
but it definitely was not.  I gather some more works' been done, and
7.2 is better.  I've not had a chance to test that corner of the code
yet.

Anyway, through 7.1.3 this is a known bug.  Nothing you can do about
it.  If you know your source data is good, my suggestion is to drop
the RI triggers, import the data, and re-enable the RI triggers.

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110