Re: "history" key in pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephane Bortzmeyer
Subject Re: "history" key in pgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 04:15:33PM +0800,
 Alex Cheung Tin Ka <tkcheung@vtc.edu.hk> wrote
 a message of 43 lines which said:

> I have some difficulties on typing the querys in the pgsql console
> environment. once I type something wrong I should delete the whole
> line and type in again.  I would like to know is there any tools that
> could make it more like the "bash" shell environment.  Using the arrow
> key there in the pgsql.

pgsql has readline support (eaxctly the same library as bash). Your
PostgreSQL was probably compiled without this option. You compiled it
yourself? If so, compile again with --enable-readline (you will need
the readline library and its development environment).

(The Debian package of PostgreSQL has readline support
out-of-the-box. One more reason to thanks Oliver.)