Re: PITR, checkpoint, and local relations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: PITR, checkpoint, and local relations
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 08:52:27PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> But what if you normally continuous LOG to tape, and now you want to
> backup to tape.  You can't use the same tape drive for both operations.
> Is that typical?  I know sites that had only one tape drive that did
> that.

I have seen such installations.  They always seemed like a real false
economy to me.  Tape drives are not so expensive that, if you really
need to ensure your data is well and truly safe, you can't afford two
of them.  But that's just my 2 cents.  (Or, I guess in this case, 4
cents.)

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3                                        +1 416 646 3304
x110