Re: copy files to postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jeff Eckermann
Subject Re: copy files to postgresql
Date
List pgsql-sql
I believe that soon-to-be-released version 7.3 will
have the ability to import data to specific columns,
as you are trying to do.  For now, you will have to
edit your input file to insert values (even if null)
for the missing columns.  The default null
representation expected by COPY is "\N" (backslash,
upper case "N"), or you can specify another using the
syntax "\copy .... with null as 'whatever'"