Re: cvs checkout pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: cvs checkout pgsql
Date
Re: cvs checkout pgsql  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> Rod Taylor <rbt@zort.ca> writes:
> > Also, http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/ isn't working.
> >>
> >> What'r you typin about?  It works fine.   Ok, ok.. It does *NOW*. :)
>
> > Well, of course that specific URL doesn't work  because it's actually
> > pgsql-server.
>
> Well, it did work before, and I'd really like it to work again.  I do
> not want to think about how Marc's broken apart the distribution when
> I'm looking at my local tree, and I don't want to think about it when
> I'm looking at cvsweb either.

You don't have to think about anything ... god, does *nobody* read what
they are replying to??

if you do a cvs checkout of pgsql, you will get exactly what you are used
to ... you can update, commit, look at status, look at logs, etc ... cvs
itself is setup to handle pulling in and placing the required modules when
you do the checkout of pgsql ...

I could move docs into $CVSROOT/this/is/a/stupid/directory/structure/docs
and except for the fact that you already have a copy checked out pointing
to the old path, a fresh checkout would still place that in pgsql/docs,
where you've grown used to it being ...