Re: cvs checkout pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: cvs checkout pgsql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
>> Well, it did work before, and I'd really like it to work again.  I do
>> not want to think about how Marc's broken apart the distribution when
>> I'm looking at my local tree, and I don't want to think about it when
>> I'm looking at cvsweb either.

> You don't have to think about anything ... god, does *nobody* read what
> they are replying to??

> if you do a cvs checkout of pgsql, you will get exactly what you are used
> to ...

Yes, I did a re-checkout, remerge of the rather large patch I'm working
on, rebuild, etc.  I've more or less recovered here, after wasting an
hour or two that I had other uses for.  But cvsweb is still broken:
there is AFAICT no page that presents a unified view of the CVS tree
anymore.  If it's merely moved, how about telling me where?

I quite concur with Peter's remarks: some discussion of this sort of
change would have been appropriate in advance, rather than after.