pgsql/ oc/src/sgml/xfunc.sgml rc/backend/utils ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS)
Subject pgsql/ oc/src/sgml/xfunc.sgml rc/backend/utils ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    momjian@postgresql.org    02/07/30 12:20:03

Modified files:
    doc/src/sgml   : xfunc.sgml
    src/backend/utils/misc: guc.c
    src/include    : funcapi.h
    src/include/utils: guc.h

Log message:
    Here are two patches. The guc_and_tablefunc patch addresses the two
    changes mentioned above, and also adds a new function to the tablefunc
    API. The tablefunc API change adds the following function:

    * Oid foidGetTypeId(Oid foid) - Get a function's typeid given the
    * function Oid. Use this together with TypeGetTupleDesc() to get a
    * TupleDesc which is derived from the function's declared return type.

    In the next post I'll send the contrib/tablefunc patch, which
    illustrates the usage of this new function. Also attached is a doc patch
    for this change. The doc patch also adds a function that I failed to
    document previously.

    Joe Conway