Re: back space key and arrows keys - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: back space key and arrows keys
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Elielson Fontanezi wrote:

> Hello!
>
>     How can I configure the back space key and arrows keys to
> work well inside psql, avoiding thinks like that:
>
> zakal$ psql
> Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.
>
> Type:  \copyright for distribution terms
>        \h for help with SQL commands
>        \? for help on internal slash commands
>        \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
>        \q to quit
>
> zakal=# select 1 + 3; ^H^[[D^[[A^[[C
>
>     See the funny thimbols?
>     Is there any postgres file to configure that?

You need to have readline and probably the readline development
headers (if you're planning to recompile), re-run configure
and see what it says about readline (if it doesn't find it, you
will probably need to explicitly give it the include and library
paths) and then rebuild.