Re: COPY improvements - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From nconway@klamath.dyndns.org (Neil Conway)
Subject Re: COPY improvements
Date
Re: COPY improvements
Re: COPY improvements
List pgsql-patches
On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 04:25:35PM -0400, Neil Conway wrote:
> The attached patch completes the following TODO item:
>
>     * Generate failure on short COPY lines rather than pad NULLs

I've attached an improved patch. This patch fixes a regression test
failure in the previous patch, updates the documentation for the
new behavior of COPY, and makes the handling of COPY TO/FROM
WITH OIDS into a table without OIDs more consistent (plus regression
tests for the same).

I'm not sure if the "bail out if we encounter extra data" check
is too strict -- any comments?

Cheers,

Neil

--