maximum size of psql query file - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jules Alberts
Subject maximum size of psql query file
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hello world,

I'm building a program that will convert out current database (foxpro
tables with encrypted content) to postgresql. The program will read
each .DBF file and create SQL statements in a textfile that I can feed
into postgresql with 'dos2unix; pgsql -f statements.sql'.

The database is something like 500Mb on disk and testruns have showed
that the files containing the SQL statements will be larger than that.
I can choose to create a lot of relatively small .SQL files, or create
one huge one. Any recommendations? Will 'pgsql -f' choke on a > 500Mb
textfile?

TIA for any pointers / help.

--
Jules Alberts.