Re: Editor for pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From James Orr
Subject Re: Editor for pgsql
Date
Re: Editor for pgsql  (Marc Spitzer <marc@oscar.eng.cv.net>)
List pgsql-sql
On Monday 22 July 2002 12:27 pm, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Me, I use Kate, an MDI text editor from the KDE crew, and CVS for
> version control.   Thanks, KDE guys!    But, after 3 years of Postgres,
> I'm pretty fluent in PL/pgSQL.  I even double-quote without thinking
> about it.

How do you use CVS on your database?  I recently started doing this, and i'm
wondering how other people handle it.

Basically I create a sql folder with three sub-folders tables, views and
functions. I have a file for each table in tables, each view in views and for
each trigger and/or function in functions.

For the actual editing? I'm a vi fan myself :).  If i'm using the graphical
vim I can even do CVS operations with a custom menu.

- James