Re: Editor for pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Editor for pgsql
Date
List pgsql-sql
James,

> How do you use CVS on your database?  I recently started doing this, and i'm
> wondering how other people handle it.
>
> Basically I create a sql folder with three sub-folders tables, views and
> functions. I have a file for each table in tables, each view in views and
for
> each trigger and/or function in functions.

Similar.  I bundle my development scripts into related areas with a tabledef
and a couple of views or functions in each script, but otherwise I do the
same as you.

As for VIM, as an ex-Win32 developer with an art degree, I never mastered the
syntax of VI (or Emacs, for that matter).   They're certainly powerful tools,
but I can never set aside the 2 weeks of downtime required to get up to speed
in either text editor.

So Kate and Joe are my friends.    <grin>

--
-Josh BerkusAglio Database SolutionsSan Francisco