pgsql/src/bin/psql describe.c - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS)
Subject pgsql/src/bin/psql describe.c
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    momjian@postgresql.org    02/07/20 01:57:31

Modified files:
    src/bin/psql   : describe.c

Log message:
    I can't remember who said they were working on schema related psql
    changes, but I kept finding myself wishing I could see what schema a
    table or view exists in when I use \dt, \dv, etc. So, here is a patch
    which does just that.

    It sorts on "Schema" first, and "Name" second.

    It also changes the test for system objects to key off the namespace
    name starting with 'pg_' instead of the object name.

    Sample output:

    test=# create schema testschema;
    CREATE SCHEMA
    test=# create view testschema.ts_view as select 1;
    CREATE VIEW
    test=# \dv
    List of relations
    Name        |   Schema   | Type |  Owner
    __testpassbyval    | public     | view | postgres
    fooview            | public     | view | postgres
    master_pg_proc     | public     | view | postgres
    rmt_pg_proc        | public     | view | postgres
    vw_dblink_get_pkey | public     | view | postgres
    vw_dblink_replace  | public     | view | postgres
    ts_view            | testschema | view | postgres
    (7 rows)

    Joe Conway