Re: Too many clients to Postgresql server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Siva Kumar
Subject Re: Too many clients to Postgresql server
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks for the advice.

I went through the configuraiton files at the server (the service provider is
not of much help) and found the following:

MaxClients in httpd.conf = 2048
MaxRequestsPerChild in httpd.conf = 0
pgsql.allow.persistent in php.ini =On
pgsql.max_persistent = -1 (Unlimited)
pgsql.max_links = -1 (Unlimited)

The support person at the provider told me that they are just using the
default file for postgresql.conf (version 7.2.1). I could not read the file
as the read access to the file is denied.

When I faced the "maximum clients reached" message yesterday, I checked the
number of postmaster processes running, it was 32 connections made by my user
name. This morning this has come down to 8. Therefore I guess, the maximum is
reached at 32.

Can you please suggest what is to be changed to increase the 32 connection
limit. (I am just learning as I go along with all these, so please bear with
me).

Best regards,

Siva Kumar

Ma Siva Kumar,