Re: bytea on windows perl client - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From James Orr
Subject Re: bytea on windows perl client
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Wednesday 17 July 2002 13:06, Joe Conway wrote:
> > \211PNG\015\012\000 and so on.
>
> This is the escaped output form of bytea. It seems that on linux the
> perl script is either using a binary cursor, or automagically unescaping
> the output, while on windows it isn't. I'm not sure why that would
> happen, but hopefully one of the perl gurus hanging around will chime in.
>
> Joe

OK, I really need a solution to this quite quickly.  It's a simple enough
script (posted earlier) so if this is something I cannot do with DBD::Pg on a
windows platform I can do it with something else.  If that's the case what's
the best thing to do it with?  PHP?  I don't have control of the IIS server
they are running this on and I doubt very much they have PHP running on it.

Is the only way to connect to postgres with ASP via the ODBC driver?  How will
that handle the bytea field?

- James