pgsql/src backend/Makefile backend/commands/va ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From ishii@postgresql.org (Tatsuo Ishii)
Subject pgsql/src backend/Makefile backend/commands/va ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    ishii@postgresql.org    02/07/17 22:02:30

Modified files:
    src/backend    : Makefile
    src/backend/commands: variable.c
    src/backend/parser: gram.y
    src/backend/utils/mb: Makefile conv.c mbutils.c
    src/backend/utils/misc: guc.c
    src/bin/initdb : initdb.sh
    src/bin/psql   : command.c
    src/include/mb : pg_wchar.h
    src/interfaces/libpq: fe-connect.c
Removed files:
    src/backend/utils/mb: big5.c sjis.map

Log message:
    I have committed many support files for CREATE CONVERSION. Default
    conversion procs and conversions are added in initdb. Currently
    supported conversions are:

    UTF-8(UNICODE) <--> SQL_ASCII, ISO-8859-1 to 16, EUC_JP, EUC_KR,
    EUC_CN, EUC_TW, SJIS, BIG5, GBK, GB18030, UHC,
    JOHAB, TCVN

    EUC_JP <--> SJIS
    EUC_TW <--> BIG5
    MULE_INTERNAL <--> EUC_JP, SJIS, EUC_TW, BIG5

    Note that initial contents of pg_conversion system catalog are created
    in the initdb process. So doing initdb required is ideal, it's
    possible to add them to your databases by hand, however. To accomplish
    this:

    psql -f your_postgresql_install_path/share/conversion_create.sql your_database

    So I did not bump up the version in cataversion.h.

    TODO:
    Add more conversion procs
    Add [CASCADE|RESTRICT] to DROP CONVERSION
    Add tuples to pg_depend
    Add regression tests
    Write docs
    Add SQL99 CONVERT command?