Re: dropping anonymous constraints - Mailing list pgsql-general

From nconway@klamath.dyndns.org (Neil Conway)
Subject Re: dropping anonymous constraints
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 12:59:42PM -0700, Ben Liblit wrote:
> I guess this is the part I find suprising: the non-standardization of
> database meta-information.  SQL is great for getting information *out*
> of a database, but seems to have a serious blind spot when it comes to
> fetching information *about* a database.

No, there are INFORMATION_SCHEMA views defined by SQL -- someone will
get around to implementing them one of these days.

The problem here is that (a) not everyone implements the SQL standard
views (b) the SQL standard stuff doesn't include PostgreSQL extensions,
obviously.

Cheers,

Neil

--