Re: PLPGSQL language documentation - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jeff Eckermann
Subject Re: PLPGSQL language documentation
Date
List pgsql-sql
I'll second the suggestion about looking at Oracle
PL/SQL materials.  I used an introductory PL/SQL text
when learning about PLpgSQL, and found it very useful.
The syntax/functionality is highly similar (by design,
apparently).  Much of the Oracle PL/SQL functionality
is not (yet) implemented in PLpgSQL however, so better
to avoid detailed Oracle texts.  Skip over the stuff
about explicit cursors and exception handlers.