TkSql and pg_group... - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Sandro Dentella
Subject TkSql and pg_group...
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I noticed only today that postgreSQL 7.2 changed the structure of certain tables like pg_group, that now are no loger
editableby my tksql. The reason is that if TkSql cannot find any of:   1. primary key   2. unique not null   3. oid
switchesto read-only mode.

 pg_group has only unique key and no oid so that for example you can enter several times a line like:  insert into
pg_group(grolist) values ('{27}');

 This is very strange to me, and I'd like to understand it better, moreover I'd like to understand how should an editor
copewith this case: I'd like to make tksql able to edit these tables too, but I see no way to act on a record in a
uniqueway.

 Thanks in advance sandro *:-)

--
Sandro Dentella  *:-)