Re: Are statistics gathered on function indexes? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Ray Ontko
Subject Re: Are statistics gathered on function indexes?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Tom, et al,

> It appears that "vacuum analyze verbose actor" causes the problem.
> It appears that I have to say "vacuum analyze actor" in order to
> clear out the ill effects of having said "vacuum analyze verbose actor".
> Typing "vacuum verbose analyze actor" doesn't clear things out,
> but it doesn't produce the problem.

Here's two more data points:

1) "analyze verbose actor" causes the problem too.  "analyze actor"
   usually clears the problem out.

2) In cases where "analyze actor" doesn't clear out the problem,
   exiting psql and trying again does clear the problem out.

Ray
Ray Ontko   rayo@ontko.com   Phone 1.765.935.4283   Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co.   Software Consulting Services   http://www.ontko.com/