Re: command length? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: command length?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Stev,

> i am using a C interface into the database, based on the example code.
> occasionally, one of my INSERT's fails, with: INSERT command failed:
> PGRES_FATAL_ERROR.
>
> other inserts work correctly. re-entering the data doesnt seem to help, and
> a comparison with a successful INSERT doesnt yield anything obvious. is
> there any way to get a more granular answer for what it didnt like?

Yes.   Watch the PostgreSQL Log file, assuming that you started Postgres with
a log file.   If you didn't, then re-start Postgres with the output funneled
to a log.  If necessary, up the debug level.

See the online administrator's guide.

--
-Josh Berkus