Re: Large Objects - Mailing list pgsql-general

From wsheldah@lexmark.com
Subject Re: Large Objects
Date
List pgsql-general

One obvious solution is to handle this at the application level. Read database
to get path to image file, retrieve image file if it exists, and if it doesn't
exist, delete or modify the database record to reflect what you just learned
about reality. If necessary, you could periodically go through every path in the
database to verify their existence on the FS, and delete the path records for
missing files en masse, though I wouldn't do this too often.

Hope this helps,

Wes

Nadim Bitar <nadiizu%earthlink.net@interlock.lexmark.com> on 06/27/2002 06:10:07
AM