Re: How to run multi-processor question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: How to run multi-processor question
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 10:01:12AM -0400, Johnson, Shaunn wrote:

> second processor.  Provided that I can physically put
> a second CPU in, how can I configure Postgres to
> work with more than one proc, or better yet,

Just run it.  The second process will go to the second processor.  So
if you run two queries, you'll get both processors used.  (Or you
might get something else, like the OS, running in one CPU while the
other handles queries, but you get the picture).  If you're asking
how to get the same process to run across two processors, you can't.

> submit jobs
> to the least busiest proc.  What other things should I

That happens automatically.  The kernel handles it.

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110