Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution in the Debian way - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Karel Zak
Subject Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution in the Debian way
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 02:33:04PM +0200, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> Le Jeudi 20 Juin 2002 13:39, Karel Zak a écrit :
> >  IMHO there is not problem with organization -- I don't know what do
> >  you want to organize on actual number of developers / contributors
>
> My previous e-mail points out several projects where, IMHO, a leadership would
> benefit the community at large :
> - replication,
> - W32 port,
> - marketing (read the post "Read this and puke").
I understend you. I saw a lot of project and ideas, but it _always_ depend on people and their time. You can organize,
youcanprepare cool planns, but don't forget -- in finale must somebodyimplement it. Who? I don't know method how clone
TomLane or getmoney for others developers who can't full time work on PostgreSQLnow.

> As for current PostgreSQL organization, can someone explain me which W32 port
> will make its way to PostgreSQL main source code? Can someone publish a
If nobody -- you can test it, make it better and write somethingabout it. If nobody works on some theme it means this
themeis notimportant for now. BUT everybody can change it and everybody can start work on arbitrary TODO item. It seems
hard,but it's right :-)   Karel

-- Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz,
http://mape.jcu.cz