Idle timeout - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Varun Kacholia
Subject Idle timeout
Date
List pgsql-general
hi ,
  I wanted to know is there any way to set up timeout for IDLE
  connection in pgsql? I was connecting using JDBC and would like
  to know if there is any way that the db disconnects me (w/o me
  doing explicitly ) if i remain IDLE ..say for a minute.

  Also is there a way to stop/kill a query which runs for more
  than a minute or so...? cuz i have seen some queries churning my CPU
  for two to five minutes and i do not at all want these .

  --
------
Varun