Re: number of registers of a table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: number of registers of a table
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 10:41:37AM -0300, Fabricio Boppre wrote:
> hi,
>
> i would like to know if there is some command that works like "select count"
> but gives me faster results than "select count" does for the ammount of
> registers of a table that is updated all the time.

Not really, but if it's updated all the time, why not make a
statistics table that will give you a rough idea?  You could have a
job update it, say, every half hour.

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110