Re: jobs.postgresql.org - Who's interested? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Reyes
Subject Re: jobs.postgresql.org - Who's interested?
Date
Re: jobs.postgresql.org - Who's interested?  (Darren Ferguson <darren@crystalballinc.com>)
List pgsql-general
I volunteer to do project management,  design and architecture.
The fastest way to get this done quickly is just to get a team assembled
and start planning.

How about if we get a set of requirements.
A possible starting point
-Free to post for all?
-Allow paid adds with more space? (1)
-Besides postgreSQL what other info do we want posters to be able to post.
For instance languages, knowledge on other databases, etc..
-Do we want a "resume" posting feature? If so do we also want specific
fields for things which may go hand in hand with PostgreSQL such as a
specific OS knowledge (Linux, FreeBSD, etc) or a particular language (PHP,
etc)? I think certain things we may want to have fields for. In particular
OSs and selected languages such as Perl and PHP. This way it would make it
easier for those looking for people to be able to add more weight to their
search based on those criterias.
-Where are we going to host this?
-Will we have job agents for both employers and job seekers?
-How will we market this site?

Notes:
1) Money collected could be used to pay for enhancements or hosting. Or do
we want this to be an all volunteer effort? I personally would not mind
putting some money to get this project to succeed. In particular any of us
who would like to work fulltime with PostgreSQL can benefit from this
resource becoming a reality. Although volunteer work can be just as
succesfull paid work seems to do wonder for keeping something on track.