Re: Schemas and template1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Schemas and template1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ron Snyder wrote:
> > As part of createdb, the new database will have to have it's public
> > schema changed to world-writable.
>
> I have to admit that much of the schema related discussion has been over my
> head, but I think what I understand you to be saying here is that the
> default would be to allow anybody to create tables in any database that they
> connect to, in the same way that they currently can (with pg <= 7.2.1).
>
> (If that's not the case, you can ignore the rest of the message.)

The issue I was raising is the creation of tables in the default
'public' schema, which is the one used by users who don't have a schema
matching their name.  I was saying that template1 should prevent
creation of tables by anyone but the superuser.

As far as temp tables, I think we should enable that for all
non-template1 databases.

(In fact, what happens if you create a database while a temp table
exists in template1.  Seems it would not be cleaned up in the new
database.)

Pennsylvania19026