Re: View String or Representation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gregory Seidman
Subject Re: View String or Representation
Date
Re: View String or Representation  (Jan Wieck <janwieck@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-general
SERFIOTIs gewrgios sez:
}     does anyone know when I create a view where does Postgresql
} store the string with the view definition or any other internal
} representation of the view?
}
} I have looked up for the question in two Postgresql manual without finding
} an answer!

If you use psql, you can type \d <viewname> to get the definition of the
view. If you start psql with the -E and type that you will see the SQL that
psql is invoking to find the information, including the reference to the
pg_views system table.

} Thank you,
} George.
--Greg