Re: New string functions; initdb required - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: New string functions; initdb required
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas,

> I've just committed changes which implement three SQL99 functions and
> operators. OVERLAY() allows substituting a string into another string,
> SIMILAR TO is an operator for pattern matching, and a new variant of
> SUBSTRING() accepts a pattern to match.

Way cool!  Thank you ... this replaces several of my custom PL/pgSQL
functions.

How is SIMILAR TO different from ~ ?

--
-Josh Berkus

______AGLIO DATABASE SOLUTIONS___________________________                                       Josh Berkus  Complete
informationtechnology     josh@agliodbs.com   and data management solutions     (415) 565-7293  for law firms, small
businesses     fax 621-2533   and non-profit organizations.     San Francisco