Re: Problem (bug?) with deferred foreign key checks? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: Problem (bug?) with deferred foreign key checks?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10 Jun 2002, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:

> Why is it not possible to temporarily have illegal values in a table,
> and update them during the transaction to point to real entries in the
> 'super' table?

This was a bug due to not noticing that a row was invalidated.  It's
partially fixed in current sources (the below works for me).  Someone
asked about this bug recently and got the patch (I missed a few things
when doing it so you have to be careful).  If you go through the archives
you should find it.  The related patch (for cases if you were to have
updated super away and made a new super row for the value) isn't completed
yet, but there's a temporary one.