Re: Help with data transfer please - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alan Wayne
Subject Re: Help with data transfer please
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!
This guy was really creative! Unfortunately, only one
of the offices has a decent internet connection--the
other only a telephone line. My initial program
construction was to use a postgre-apache-php setup on
rh linux using telephone connections. AT&T would make
this to costly at three to four hours of user
long-distance charges. I'm thinking of perhaps adding
triggers to each of the files based on update or
insert and perhaps writing a program executed from
cron that will on a nigthly basis update two different
machines via telephone--it would be relatively quick.
What do you think?

Thanks,
ajw