Re: Slow connection - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Slow connection
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 02:38:27PM -0400, Jan Wieck wrote:
> Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> > expect you're holding a lock on data they're trying to read.  Update
> > causes a very aggressive lock, for obvious reasons.
>
>     In  PostgreSQL  that  lock  is not as aggressive as you might
>     think.

Sorry, I knew that, abd just wasn't clear.  I was assuming that
someone else must have been trying to write.

Hmm.  Or maybe an RI trigger is getting fired?  If someone is trying
to insert on a _related_ table you could get the holdups as well.

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110