Re: invalid type error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: invalid type error
Date
List pgsql-general
Johnson, Shaunn wrote:
> Howdy:
>
> Running Postgres 7.1.3 on RedHat Linux 7.2.
>

> I don't know what I did, or how I did it, but when I
> try to do a pg_dump of a table, I get this message:
>
> [snip]
>
> WARNING: owner of type 'number' appears to be invalid
> WARNING: owner of type 'interger' appears to be invalid
>
> [/snip]
>
> I'm thinking that I did the latter one when I was
> trying to create a function and I fat-fingered
> the name.

    Sure  did  you, and I'm pretty sure you did with the "number"
    type as well since there is no such datatype in the system by
    default.   Maybe  you haven't found the function(s) returning
    that typo - er type yet, but if you find  some,  there  isn't
    much more useful to do with them than dropping.

    Try a

        SELECT proname FROM pg_proc P, pg_type T
            WHERE P.prorettype = T.oid
              AND T.typname = 'number';

    The  reason  why it says that the owner appears to be invalid
    is, that the created pg_type shell has owner ID 0 yet.

> Does anyone know how I can get rid of these messages?

    You need to complete these type definitions, before  you  can
    drop the resulting datatype again. The commands

        CREATE TYPE interger (
            INPUT=textin, OUTPUT=textout,
            INTERNALLENGTH=variable);
        DROP TYPE interger;