Re: pg_dump and revision control - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Dimov
Subject Re: pg_dump and revision control
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi,

Thank you for the answer.

I am not expert in postgres. Normaly I am working on Oracle, but I think

postgresql have revision control. I am using pgAdmin II and if I select a data base with rigth button and properties

t exist a checkbox "Revision Control".

So, if I check it postresql support the revision control ( I can make mistake).

In this case I can make pg_dump > mydumpfile.

This mydumpfile is very big ( 10 and more MB for a little db).

After that I create a two new databases - one with revision control

and one without it.

If I import the data I do not have any problems with the new db with revision control, bu I can not import this data on the "normal" db.

I receive many messages :"parser error near "//"".

That is the problem .

Many thanks for the help.

  Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> wrote:

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 02:48:37AM -0700, Peter Dimov wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using postgresql 7.2 on linux and if I try to make
>
> pg_dump, the system generate a big dump file.
>
> I think it depend on revision control on my database.
>
> If it is so how can I dump my data without this revision control?

Postgres doesn't have revision control. Perhaps you could explain more
clearly what you want.

--
Martijn van Oosterhout http://svana.org/kleptog/