Small changes to facilitate Win32 port - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Katherine Ward
Subject Small changes to facilitate Win32 port
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi there.  I'm yet another developer working full-time on a native windows
port.  I'm also working closely with Jan Wieck (next office).  I know there is
a reluctance to modify the code base to support native win32, and I realize
that no decision has yet been made.  However, ...

A few of the identifier names used in postgres collide with WIN32 or MFC names.To keep my working copy of the code as
closeto the released source as

possible, I do have some superficial changes that I would like to put in the
code base early:

1.  Rename to avoid structures/functions with same name:a.  PROC => PGPROCb.  GetUserName() => GetUserNameFromId()c.
GetCurrentTime()=> GetCurrentDateTime()

2.  Add _P to the following lex/yacc tokens to avoid collisionsCONST, CHAR, DELETE, FLOAT, GROUP, IN, OUT

3.  Rename two local macrosa.  MEM_FREE => MEM_FREE_IT in backend/utils/hash/dynahash.cb.  IGNORE => IGNORE_TOK in
include/utils/datetime.h&

backend/utils/adt/datetime.c

Thanks,
Katie Ward