deleted table remnants - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tim Wilson
Subject deleted table remnants
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi everyone,

I went through the procedure for deleting a column from one of my tables
(select data into new table, rename old table, rename new table, etc). I
recreated the sequence and all looks right.

Now I'm having trouble updated data in a different table, this query:

UPDATE location SET state = 'IA'
WHERE location_id = 18;

produces this error:

ERROR:  Relation 'new_event' does not exist

My original table was called 'event' and I selected the data into a
table called 'new_event' which was subsequently renamed to 'event'. Any
idea what's wrong? I've examined every table looking for references to
'new_event', but there aren't any.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com